Join Our Team
America Saves Communications Coordinator
The Consumer Federation of America (CFA) seeks a dynamic and motivated communications coordinator to support a national campaign promoting personal saving among American households. The campaign is managed by America Saves, a CFA program that works with a wide range of institutions to motivate individuals to build savings, starting with an emergency fund.
We are looking for a public interest-minded and technologically savvy individual who is resourceful, detail-oriented, and an outstanding writer. Experience with graphic design or video production is a plus.
The communications coordinator will work closely with the senior communications manager and digital engagement strategist to assist in creating, formatting, and distributing information about America Saves initiatives and saver resources. This full-time position is located in Washington, DC. Applications from remote candidates will not be considered.
- Supporting day-to-day operations of multiple websites and social media channels; keeping audiences engaged
- Coordinating the editorial calendar with staff, keeping content up to date, and ensuring all sites and documents meet established content standards
- Managing America Saves and Military Saves blogs; working with staff and partners to secure guest posts in addition to drafting original content
- Supporting on-going email and text message marketing strategies
- Researching and distributing media clips to America Saves staff
- Tracking use of websites, social media, partner resource packets, media, and America Saves Week/Military Saves Week activities; creates tailored analytical and benchmarking reports to share with America Saves team
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field of study
- Minimum 2-3 years of related professional experience
- Experience with content management systems, email marketing programs, and social media platforms
- Excellent copyediting, grammar, spelling, and proofreading skills
- Must be highly organized, self-motivated, a team player, and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud products a plus
- Interest or experience with personal finance issues preferred
- 100% employer-paid health care, dental, vision, and long-term disability insurance
- Three weeks paid vacation to start and three personal days
- Federal holidays and the day after Thanksgiving
- Generous paid sick leave
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer contribution after the first year
Consumer Federation of America is an equal opportunity employer.